Sunday, January 27, 2008

68 Degrees in your house is NOT warm!

I have been sitting in my own house and freezing!! My nose is COLD and hubby is not here to warm it! Yes, that is HIS job. He gives me his warm cheek to stick my cold nose into and it works great. Just one more thing I miss about him being gone. I really should just turn the heat up in here, but we ran out of oil recently and I REALLY don't want that to happen again. So I'm trying to conserve. I might give up shortly and give in. I'M COLD!!

I would also like to say that I am addicted to reading. It's not just that I like to read, it's that I can't put the book down once I pick it up. My poor children, they get no attention while I'm reading. They do pretty good however. Like I told my brother, "I lovingly ignore them". :) I give them hugs when they need it and let them cuddle up to me when they are sad, but luckily they entertain themselves for the most part and play pretty well together. This morning I was tired from not sleeping last night because of the book I was reading. So I was sitting in my rocking chair, with my feet in my iSqueeze and my iNeed on my back, and the kids came in. I heard Minny Me say, "Shhh, she's sleeping!" So they left and went to play in the playroom, they've been there for the last hour at least. God is good like that, he gives us rest when we need it, most importantly behaving children when we need to rest!

Oh, but today has been sunny, and actually the last couple of days have been really nice, nice in the fact that it's not raining, but still really cold. The older boys have been going out to play but because of the cold I have to practically lock them out there. And my great mommy moment... I was downstairs showering and Minny Me was outside playing by himself. Middle man got up from his nap and came downstairs saying "MM is stuck in the swing!" I ran upstairs and outside to find Minny me stuck in the baby swing we have hanging in a tree in the yard. He had fastened the lap plate and couldn't get it off, so he had just sat there in the hopes that I would come up. I couldn't hear him crying, so he just sat there. I finally came out and asked him how long he was there and he told me a long time. I don't know if that was five minutes or 30 minutes, but I felt so bad!! Hopefully it won't leave a permanent scar on him. God forgive me if it does.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: