Thursday, January 31, 2008

To cook or not to cook

Ok, this is the last thing I should be doing tonight, but I can't help myself, it's been too long. Ok so the topic on my brain lately is, "Why do I cook while hubby is gone?!" Nobody but me eats it. And if I choose to make them eat it then it takes two hours at the dinner table and a lot of fighting. Then they don't eat much, so I have leftovers forever, that I have to eat by myself. The other night I cooked salsa chicken with black beans and I only cooked three chicken breast, but still it lasted me for several days because once again, I was the only one eating it. And I don't like leftovers that much. So I really start to wonder why I cook. For me it's not what do I want to eat tonight, it's what do I have to eat before it goes bad in my fridge. My fridge isn't really big, but it's amazing how much food that thing holds. Once and a while I'll have friends over to eat what I cook, and that is so nice, they don't whine the whole time they are eating and they NEVER hit each other. They don't steal each others seats, or knock over cups of water. It is amazing! The only problem I've found so far is that once and a great while, I want to eat "real" food. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Healthy Choice, but every so often I crave something I'm used to making pretty often. Ok, well it's getting late so that's all for now. May God Bless all who read this!


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: