We have been wanting to go camping since landing in the US of A and we finally got to go do just that a couple weeks ago. We packed up all out "gear" and newly acquired dog and off we went, just 45 minutes from our front door! The best part about this camping spot is there is a stocked trout lake there as well that the boys are able to fish while staying there! They all LOVE it!
| Doug loves how this makes the fish look so big!! :) |
After fishing we went on a hike up the mountain right behind our camping spot! It was such a great camping location. The boys are always on the lookout for little critters and this hike didn't disappoint! Conner found what I think was a horny toad. It was just a little guy but I am pretty sure he wanted to bring him home and keep him... Yeah, not so much what mommy wanted.
All those great fish that we caught... they had to be cleaned, and mommy doesn't touch that with a ten foot pool, so that's a Daddy job! Thankfully he doesn't mind.
Even I got in on the action of chopping up a dead tree into firewood. All that exercising paid off!
Our dog, being part grey hound, was FREEZING all weekend, and was not such a huge fan of camping. She's afraid of the dark and she also has no body fat, so she's had better times. Doug had sympathy on her and pulled out a sleeping bag for her to use so she wasn't so cold! So sweet! And too funny!!
Our tent was on a SEVERE slant ***ehem*** and the boys started off sleeping at the top of the tent and ended up in the morning all bunched up at the bottom. Gotta love slippery sleeping bags! Thankfully we slept on an air mattress so the slipping wasn't AS bad, but even we were scrunched down in the mornings.
Fishing day two!
I LOVE THESE!!!
I LOVE THAT MAN!!!
The catch from day two! Gotta love when you have five peoples fishing allowances!
At our camp grounds before heading back home.
Family self shot. Got most of them. :)
Layha (I'm still not sure how to spell her name! :) ) loves the car!
I find it funny that parking and consumption of alcohol are prohibited except for hikers and people with permits! :)
The city from the mountain. We LOVE THIS PLACE.

No comments:
Post a Comment