The Bazaar finally came after two long planning months. I had lived and breathed bazaar for those two months. I had stressed and worried. I had planned and organized things till I was counting things in my sleep. Bryce even came to understand that this bazaar was mommies "job". I probably spent almost 100 hours planning for this and that doesn't count the time that I spent worrying about it! So when it finally arrived I was ready to see how it would all turn out, but truth be told, I had NO IDEA if it would all work out. I hoped and prayed that it would, but I felt like I had 100 balls flying in the air and they were going to come down on me any minute if all didn't go right. Now don't get the idea that I had a HUGE part of the bazaar or anything. I planned the meals and fed the volunteers and the vendors at the bazaar. In total we probably fed about 200-300 every day, but it was not the central point of the bazaar. Anyway, it finally arrived and everything started falling in place. About a week prior to the event my co-chair for the kitchen broke her heal, and therefor couldn't help in the way we had planned. This left me in a slight scramble to find replacements that could commit the whole week to the bazaar. By the grace of God two good girl-friends came to my rescue!

Angela, and yes she is even pregnant! She was so wonderful and such a delight to have around.

Angela filled in from Tuesday to Thursday and Wendy filled in from Friday to Sunday.

Wendy is on the far right with Sandy the one who broke her heal in the middle. Just a random volunteer on the left.

Me with Robert Wilson, a local artist who paints great water paintings of the local areas. Remember, I look this way b/c it had already been a long weekend and I was SICK!! Oh and I was wearing a hat all day, it was COLD!!
All the volunteers were a tremendous help and I had a blast working with them. The biggest bummer of the whole weekend was that I got really sick over the weekend to the point of thinking I had strep throat and couldn't eat ANYTHING!! Talk about tough, being in the kitchen for a week and not able to eat anything! But the good part about that was that I actually lost weight!! YAHOO! All in all the weekend turned out great, but it is SOO nice to have it behind me. It was a LOT of work.
1 comment:
I had a blast working the Bizarre Bazaar with you! What a blast! Ahhh the memories.
Post a Comment