Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving wasn't planned for much this year due to the bazaar. It was only three days after I finished so I didn't start thinking about Thanksgiving until Tuesday of that week.
Due to lack of planning it turned out to be a really relaxed day. We woke up and had a family favorite of orange cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We followed that up by Doug making a craft project with the kids while I slowly started the days prep for the food. It was just a nice paced day, no rush and no need to get everything done really fast. We had some confusion as to where we would go for dinner, but ended up inviting friends from down the street to join us. Jenn and Mark and their two girls came over to the house and it was so nice just to have a small gathering of friends. We enjoyed the company and the kids love playing with their kids, so it ended up being a very blessed Thanksgiving day.

No comments: