Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ramdom thoughts and Cody's birthday


Ok, while I wait for all these pictures of Cody's Birthday party to upload here are random thoughts by Dene'...

Ten years ago tomorrow... I stepped out of my parents car and saw my future husband. We decided to take pictures before the wedding and blow the whole tradition of not seeing each other until the church part. (I guess it didn't do too bad for us, it's going pretty well.) So we were at a garden in town taking pictures when I saw him. It's funny, I don't remember what I thought when I saw him, I just remember seeing him. Not as sweet and sentimental as it could be but that's just life I suppose. I remember walking down the isle and there was a warm glow all around me. This was mostly due to the candles and the veil, but maybe it was a little bit of the moment as well. I just remember that everyone I saw on either side all the way up to the front of church was someone that I recognized. This was in part because Doug's side invited 35 where as my side invited over 200!! So of course I knew everyone, they were my family and friends. And then I saw my future HUSBAND!! I was going to be a wife. What did that mean? I would have to start cooking and cleaning for this man from that day on. Was I ready for that? Yeah, as much as you can be. And I was only 19. Now I would look at a 19 year old and think there was no way she was ready to marry, but at the time, I was. Back to the wedding... While kneeling after lighting the unity candle ( we were all snuggle with our heads together) we hear a commotion in front of us. We look up to see that the unity candle that we had just lit had just gone out! Now you would think that can't be a good sign, and the best man thought the same thing, so he was in the process of trying to light the unity candle again. After ten years I don't remember all the details, but there was a bridesmaid, an alter candle and the deacon involved, it became quite the ruckus up there on the alter. By the end of the whole ordeal we had the whole church laughing, even the priest. Ya gotta be able to laugh. And over the last ten years, that's what I remember with the most fondness. The laughing. The moments when he walks through the door and I am filled with so much joy at seeing him that I run and jump into his arms. We wrap ourselves around each other and we hold each other. It's great. It's not all been that way, we have had our fair share of tears. But as I look back, the laughter and the joy are what I mostly see. We have been blessed with four very active, but very wonderful boys. And with them our lives have changed. We have changed, with each child we have grown ( now I'm trying to shrink... but that's a whole other story). It's been a great ten years. I can only pray that I get another fifty with this wonderful man God has truly blessed my life with. I am an amazingly blessed woman. I don't know what I'd do without my man. I love you babe! Thanks for the life we have.

The pictures are still not uploaded, so more random thoughts...

I can NOT keep up with this thing to make everyone happy! I mean come on people, I have FOUR kids!! You should be happy that I even do it. But no, I go to a coffee and I hear, "Are you going to update you blog, it's been like a week!!" A week in a mom of four time is like a blink of an eye folks. It just flashes before your eyes. I have NO idea where that time went. And for all of those who blog you understand, but this is a SLOW process. You have to download the photos, sort through the pictures, choose the good ones, then get in your blog and SLOWLY upload them to the blog, then you have to write about them and then FINALLY post the darn blog. I love that I have it, but it's almost a full time job. But oh how I love reading everyone elses blogs. I love the fact that I can catch up with friends who I haven't seen in years, but every week or two I get an update of their lives, WITH PICTURES!! It's like Christmas, ever week or so. And I really love those of you who update every couple of days!! My brother, however, got me into this whole thing and does he keep his up, NO! What's up with that. It's amazing how I find myself getting frustrated with friends when they haven't updated recently enough. I feel like I'm missing out on part of their lives. Like I was even invited to ease drop. But non the less I love stalking my friends. Good times.

On to Cody's birthday party. He wanted to do it at the bowling alley, so there it is. That's almost all there is to tell.


The whole gang.

Cody and his best buds!

Too funny!!! We were told we had to wear the silly hats too!!

What an awful angle!!


I just love Cody's excitement!! He's the best at Christmas and birthdays!! He gets excited at the box part, the toy is just a bonus!!



Bryce is very animated about his bowling!!


Sean with the aid of the bumpers and the ramp. It speeds things up a bit.

Conner watching his ball.

Aweful picture, but the only one I got of Cody bowling. Oh well.

Bryce and his animation. And this is when we has upset. Cut picture though.

3 comments:

Tracie Martin said...

I love that I can follow your life too! I do miss our days together in Florida very much and hope our paths cross again very soon. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts too...I normally just have enough time to admire pictures but you captivated me with your words! Love you girl!

Ferguson Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Great blog, I love everything you had to say AND all the pictures...Oh and sorry it's been awhile for my blog, I'll try to catch up soon!

Lauren said...

aww, sorry. I'm the guilty party. I know you've got your hands full! I hope you have an awesome time at Mt. Sorak this weekend! We miss you!