Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Great Wall of China



THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA


It was hazy the day we went, which was a real bummer for pictures, but was a relief as far as the heat went! So... it's the Great Wall. All I have to say is it is harder to climb than you think it's going to be. I mean really I thought, "Hey it's just a lot of stairs, how bad can it be!" The answer, it can be REALLY REALLY hard!!

But at least I got to climb it with some really awesome friends!!
LtoR - Terese Waite, Monica Fancher, Penny Mench, Crystal Baumgaurt, Heather Jones and Starlyn Weller
Yes we climbed that, but actually higher!


Getting ready to go up.

Lorri Lipski

This shows how stinkin' steep it really was. That and the stairs were anywhere from 3 inches to 24 inches high!
Melissa Rothwell climbing


Taking a much needed break!



Crystal had this "great" idea to RUN all the way to the top! She did really well, everyone else, not so much! GO CRYSTAL!! (side note, she is also the one to convince me to do the mini-tri but then went and broke her thumb just the night before the event!)

Really at this point will a RAMP really do anyone any good!!???


This is what we all felt like most of the way up! Wow it was hard!

We just climbed that!

Poor Lorri was sick all weekend, what a trooper! She went all the way to the top!

The three musketeers!

I'm at the top!!! I MADE IT!!!

Headed back down now. Much easier, but still you had to pay serious attention to the stairs or they would all run together, you would trip and fall all the way down the great wall!!

This seriously look really dangerous to be jumping there! But great X Melissa!

Melissa's daughter's name is Emma and she came up to me and told me that someone had carved Emma into the wall. At first I thought they had "sketched" a picture of her in the wall... I think I was a little delirious from the strain! But she wanted me to take a picture for her so here it is. Now I just have to tell her about the blog! :)



A view from my break spot.

I wanted to just ride down the stairs. We really thought it would be a great place for a luge or zip line!













Ok, so that's all of the Wall pictures, sorry about there being so many. Trust me though that there are MANY more that I didn't include!!