After climbing the great wall we headed to what amounted to a large government run truck stop! This was one of the places our tour guide HAD to take us to. After going I found out that we HAD to visit the factories as well as this gift shop/restaurant. All the meals we included in the trip price, which pretty much meant we didn't get to chose anything we ate. But they really did make up for it with the AMOUNT of food they brought out to the table. It wasn't too bad, just a little different than we were used to as far as Chinese food goes. This afternoon though they through in some REALLY strong liqueur. We did try it, but boy it burned going down. We didn't try it a second time, that's for sure! And even with how little the bottle was, we didn't even put a dent in it!
I'm not really sure what lead to all the jumping pictures... But this is such a good one I couldn't pass it up! :) Crystal doing a great X!
Once again... not so sure. I think it had something to do with Tyra Banks and the Next Top Model, but I don't really know how the two tied together! :)
This is a picture of the WHOLE summer palace. It was just HUGE!! It's painted on the top of a door way.
An empress thought it would be a good idea to have a marble boat made. Not so sure why. I must have missed that part of the tour!
The trip was great b/c of so many wonderful ladies that went with us!
LtoR - Kellie LaMar (my room mate) Karen Davis, Corrine Lomis, and Aniee Ernest
Then it was off to yet another mandatory stop... the pearl factory. This is one fresh water pearl and how many pearls that come out of it! That was amazing! The factory... not so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment